• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing Issue (Please read looking for advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freezing Issue (Please read looking for advice)

Once I finish my last few clients I am going to move all my liquid/paste products into my bedroom closet; my pads, MF's, polishers and brushes can all stay in my front room and deal with the cold.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

+1 on bringing the stuff in the house. I keep mine in the house all year long. I have a long shelf in the laundry room that works really nicely because it is at room temp and my two boys can't reach it. I used to keep it in the corner until the oldest (3 years) sprayed UQD all over the house!

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
        +1 on bringing the stuff in the house. I keep mine in the house all year long. I have a long shelf in the laundry room that works really nicely because it is at room temp and my two boys can't reach it. I used to keep it in the corner until the oldest (3 years) sprayed UQD all over the house!

lol that must of made the house smell amazing..i brought everything in this morning..the only thing i didnt bring in was the microfibers and brushes, mitts, buckets, etc...i left the car wash in the garage but wrapped them in blankets and put them in snap lid tubs.
        Addicted

Comment

Just store everything inside to be safe. I brought all my stuff in last month and put it in storage containers. During this process I quickly realized by collection has grown way too large lol

Comment

lol yeah i know when i realized how much of a pain and how heavy those containers got i was like WOW. but putting them in containers seems to have organized them better for me lol so when the warmer weather comes back im just going to leave everything in containers..its much more organized =D
            Addicted

Comment

hey just real quick...should i bring the clay bars inside too ? or are they fine in the cold
              Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
                hey just real quick...should i bring the clay bars inside too ? or are they fine in the cold
                I have no idea, but since you have gone this far, you just as well bring them in, too.
                Charles
                The Rainmaker

Comment

Freezing will not harm clay, you can always put it in hot/warm water before use to help soften it
                  ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by TOGWT View Post
                    Freezing will not harm clay, you can always put it in hot/warm water before use to help soften it

thanks very much..i have a feeling its going to be a short winter
                    Addicted

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');