• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing the Dealer's Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Dealer's Logo

I looked to see if this question had been addressed elsewhere but couldn't find anything so if this matter has been answered already forgive me and let me know where I can find the answer.

My new car came with the dealer logo "glued" to the rear bumper. The logo is printed on clear plastic film about 3"x4" in size.

Of course, I don't want to pull it off and have the paint come with it and scraping it off with a razor blade makes me woozy. Any suggestions for getting it off without damaging the paint?

Re: Removing the Dealer's Logo

Well, generally one would use a plastic razer blade, or that sort if thing to help, not a metal one unless you were really good.

A hiar dryer should help melt the glue for you, might not need any scraping. And can always use things like GooGone to help with glue residue.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Besides Goo Gone you could also use WD-40.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, generally one would use a plastic razer blade, or that sort if thing to help, not a metal one unless you were really good.

A hiar dryer should help melt the glue for you, might not need any scraping. And can always use things like GooGone to help with glue residue.
        +1 on the hair dryer or heat gun. We recently de-stickerized a fleet of 7 delivery trucks and found that a heat gun works like a champ - much better than plastic razor blades or chemicals.

Comment

Search decal removal and you will find a few post on this and a search of badge removal will bring up the experience of ZUKE and his tailgate. Hope this helps. Paul S

+2 on the hair dryer or heat gun.Just be careful with any heat gun.
          Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
          317-513-4678

Comment

I've heard of using a heat gun and a fishing line. It's thin and strong enough to pull off the logo.

Comment

The fishing line or floss works with the glued on emblems, not sure if it would do a lot with a smooth decal. Unless you could maybe get an edge started, and slip it under.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for all the good information.

Comment

Stoner's Xenit works too.
                  2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
                  2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

I recently removed a dealers logo that was the independent letters "ROADSHOW". I had to pull off each letter and they had been on there for six years.

I pulled them off by hand. Some came off ok, others the letter came off but left a silver film, others just left glue.

I lubed with QD and then scraped with a plastic knife (from like a fast food place). I followed this with scratchX by hand.

Here is a mid-process pic when I had taken off all but two letters. I took this pic to illustrate that you couldn't see where the letters had been beside them and what they looked like previously.

"The Dude Abides"

Comment

Merry Christmas, MOL.
                      Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                      baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Heat helps a lot, but usually leaves more adhesive than peeling it off cold.
                        But overall, I would go with a hair dryer.
                        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

from one of my cars a logo took about a week to (fall off) i sprayed a little wd 40 each day.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');