• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Buffing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Buffing Tool

Originally posted by Simon777 View Post
    Is this all I would need?

-g110 v2 buffer
    -soft buff 2.0 cutting pad, polishing pad, and finishing pad

What size pads would I need? Also, how long do these pads last?
    IMO I don't like to use the red cutting pad with a DA, I think the yellow pads and black pads are the way to go, if you are going to use a compound (m105 for example) with the yellow pad you can achieve great results. I have the old g110 and I didn't have good experiences with red (or Burgandy) cutting pad (horrible marring)

Comment

Re: Best Buffing Tool

Originally posted by Simon777 View Post
      So are you saying that my old buffer just applies the product and its the product that removes swirls and scratches, but not my old buffer? So then a DA would actually help in paint correction rather than just apply a product.
      The machine is key in being able to remove scratches, and the G110v2 will do it far better than your old buffer (which really won't correct anything that you couldn't correct by hand). Tthe unit you have tops at 1500 orbits per minute (if that much) and the g110 tops at around 7000, you should be very pleased with the increased power.

There is a technique called the Kevin Brown Method (KBM) using for these DA machines. Do a search on the forum and read up on it. With the g110 and the KBM you can do some pretty extreem paint corrections if you have the right productsand pads.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');