• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Wax?

Does Meguiar's make a line of wax specifically designed for winter protection? Our detailing shop uses a lot of advertising based on this to keep working throughout the winter. We pull them in the shop to clean and wax winter vehicles.

What would be the best "Winter Wax"?

Re: Winter Wax?

As far as Meguiar's goes, #21 2.0 is pretty darn good. You can look around and get some #16 paste wax but it's gonna cost since it's not sold in the states anymore.

#21 is really nice. Make sure the surface is well prepped as this is the main step in making any wax/sealant last. Wash, clay, polish, then a rubbing alcohol wipedown. I then put a coat on and let dry. Remove. Then another coat.
    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

#21, two thin coats D/A applied works very well.

Comment

ADS had some M16 for sale for 12.99 I think. I also saw some on ebay. That's what I used this winter. So we'll see how it works out.

I keep hearing good things about M21 (as evidenced above) so maybe I'll try that next year.

Comment

The thing is, I can cover about 70 vehicles with just one bottle of #21 making it very very cost effective.
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

M16. A shame you can't buy it anymore in the states. Europe: no problem !
            If it ain't broken: DON'T FIX IT.....

Comment

Why did they pull it out of the states?
              A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

I believe it was the high VOC (volatile organic compound) level. You can still buy it in the U.S. online. I little while back I bought two tins which should last a very long time from the user Karenedwards20022002 on ebay. I think she still has some for sale for 12.99 or so. Mine came with free shipping and I got it within 4 days. Very prompt service!

I learned the hard way when I first used M16 that it has to be put on REALLY REALLY thin. I still put it on a bit too thick but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Comment

M16 is definitely a suitable winter wax; its on my car right now. Its readily available on ADS and ebay right now but if you need something OTC, go for a sealant. M21, NXT 2.0 and Collinite 476s are all OTC sealants that should protect you through the winter.
                  James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com
                  www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

From Meguiars I love the M16, and a friend of mine uses M20 with amazing results in the winter.

Comment

Here is another vote for #21. Great stuff.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

i use M16 all year round...
                        Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');