• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay, Clean, Wax this part of car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay, Clean, Wax this part of car?

Hey, I don't know what it's called, but would I clay, use a cleaner, and wax this portion of the car door?

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/fo...web-757716.jpg

Also, do I need to clay, clean, wax the door handles and/or the side mirrors? (they are painted on my car)

Thanks.
    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
    Black Obsidian

Re: Clay, Clean, Wax this part of car?

clutch, as long as they are painted, then yes, give it a quick clay, clean, and wax with your normal paint care procedures...on my car it is black tape..so when i wash i just go over it with my wash mitt, and i never touch them again..they never really get dirty..but if its painted..thats a different story..basically just put it this way..if its paint, then do everything you'd normally do.
    Addicted

Comment

Aight, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure cuz I don't wanna mess up my new car! lol
      2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
      Black Obsidian

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch34 View Post
        Aight, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure cuz I don't wanna mess up my new car! lol

Dont worry, you wont mess it up...

your first smart choice was deciding to wash and take of the car yourself..

your second smart choice was to join MOL and learn how to do it here

i used to never be like this...2 years ago i used to take my car to the car wash and pay 20 bucks for the full service wash...i didnt even know what a swirl mark was ! 2 years later i ended up getting a new car..my friend and i stopped at a local strauss to just look around..he had found a tin can of cleaner paste wax..he said to me "dude this smells like bananas ! " and so we tried it..and next thing i know, i own over 100 meguiars products and find myself detailing my car from 10am to 4pm lol
        Addicted

Comment

haha nice!! yea, I had NO idea what swirls were until this forum. I THOUGHT my car looked beautiful... sometimes, knowing TOO much is not a good thing.. lol I'll be attempting a paint correction (to the best of my ability) in the spring.
          2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
          Black Obsidian

Comment

If it is a GM, I would be real careful what you use on that black paint. It is not the same paint that goes on the vehicle, and in my experience is softer and subject to scratching and marring. I used Scratch X on that area on a GM, and it not only did not remove the light scratch, but made it worse. Took the shine right off in a small area I was working on. Don't get me wrong, Scratch X is great, but not on that area. Just my experience.

Comment

I've come across pillars made from all kinds of materials and finishes. Some hard plastic, some wrapped in vinyl, some meant to have a flat finish...and the list goes on. MOST of them with a glossy or semi-glossy finish have reacted pretty well with a light polish or wax. I'd stay away from anything stronger, like a compound. As always, if possible, test a small area first.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch34 View Post
                haha nice!! yea, I had NO idea what swirls were until this forum. I THOUGHT my car looked beautiful... sometimes, knowing TOO much is not a good thing.. lol I'll be attempting a paint correction (to the best of my ability) in the spring.

I'll second that one!!! As for your question: "If it don't move, wax it!"
                "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                BOB

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');