• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaze for trim dressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glaze for trim dressing?

This may be an old detailer's trick, but I was playing around the other day trying out new things and discovered a glaze works really well as a trim dressing. My main problem with most dressings is I hate solvent dressings, and all silicone dressings come in spray cans and there is a ton of overspray. I spend way moretime rubbing off the excess dressing, even if not using spray cans, than I should be.

Anywho, the glaze seems to work wonders and solves all my problems. I already own it so no extra purchases, a light coat does the trick and provides a deep black with no annoying oily shine, and any overages simply wipe off the glass or paint.

Are there any resons this is a bad method? I've tried on two different vehicles (my own) and haven't seen any negative effects.

Re: Glaze for trim dressing?

how long have you been doing this?, a glaze is more like filler/oils for paint it does not have any kind on UV protectors that are necesary, thats why a wax is necesary for protection, its the same thing on plastics, you are only aplying a "shine" but its not helping in protection from the UV rays and sun, why dont you try Meguiars Trim Detailer? its cheaper than a glaze!!
    Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Comment

#7 Show Car Glaze, or #5 New Car Glaze?
      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
      BOB

Comment

For trim, you should even try M40..M40 is designed for all trim, plastic, vinyl, rubber,...it can be using anywhere...all trim, under the hood, dashboards, door panels...it leaves a nice shine, and it offers UV protection...
        Last edited by speed3blackmica; Dec 15, 2009, 02:34 PM. Reason: add more text
        Addicted

Comment

It was acutally just some stuff I had lying around, and I only applied it a couple days ago. It seemed to work great but I had no idea about durability or protection, which is why I asked. Oh, and it's not anything made my Megs, just a couple sample bottles from my local distributor.

Seems promising with the responses given, I'll probably keep playing with it and see what comes about.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');