• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about gilmour foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about gilmour foam gun

I just bought the foam and was wondering how much gold class car wash should I put in the wash holder, I have a nissan sentra, it's not a big car and is the foam gun any good??

Re: Questions about gilmour foam gun

I love the foam gun, I am sure you can find more of my posts about it.

What I do is put 4 ounces (maybe 5 if real dirty) in the container (1 quart) and fill with water, just like a wash bucket, and put the gun on the highest setting (most soap).

The math works out pretty much to 128:1, just like a proper wash. And then expect to use about 1 container to wash, just like usual. Any extra, you can save till next time.

I do a panel at a time (spray with soap, wipe with mitt)... dont expect the soap to stay on forever, but it clings long enough to grab it with the mitt instead of watching it run right off.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I did not like the foam gun, I am sure you can find more of my posts about it.
      The two bucket method is far superior in my opinion. Using the foam gun, was a novelty initially, (the neighbors gathered for the show), however I found the soap dried too quickly, creating dried soap stains on my black vehicle, which then had to be washed again. In other words, it was a pain. Now the kids own it and have a hoot foaming themselves.

Comment

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');