• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2 application with DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC2 application with DA

What is the recommended procedure to apply Deep Crystal System Polish with a DA.

Do you apply it like a wax over the entire vehicle then buff it off with a bonnet?

if using a 6.5" pad do you apply the product around the edge of the pad or do you put the product on the vehicle.

Do you have to apply wax immediately or can you wait for a day if you are not driving the vehicle.

Thanks for the assistance

Re: DC2 application with DA

DC2 is a pure polish, so it's not meant to dry in the surface of the vehicle.

Apply the product on the pad, work the product on a section (try not to dry buff) and when done remove immediately. Don't let the product to dry because if you do then it will be hard to remove.

Repeat the process until the vehicle is complete.

You don't have to apply wax right away but I would suggest doing because that ensures you that the surface is protected.

Will the vehicle be garage kept?

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
      DC2 is a pure polish, so it's not meant to dry in the surface of the vehicle.

Apply the product on the pad, work the product on a section (try not to dry buff) and when done remove immediately. Don't let the product to dry because if you do then it will be hard to remove.

Repeat the process until the vehicle is complete.

You don't have to apply wax right away but I would suggest doing because that ensures you that the surface is protected.

Will the vehicle be garage kept?
      yes it is kept in a garage

how much product do I apply and how big of a section at what speed?

Thanks again for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by yrdln View Post
        yes it is kept in a garage

how much product do I apply and how big of a section at what speed?

Thanks again for all the help

Apply enough product to work a small section, approximately 16" x 16". Using a DA, the recommended speed setting for a pure polish is 2-3.

Since your vehicle is garaged, there is no problem with applying wax at a later time. I've done this when spreading out a detail if I don't drive the vehicle.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');