• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my car

I'm a daily driver of a silver jeep 2005 and my SUV sits outside in a parking lot while i'm at work. after #105 and #205 i was thinking of using #7 then either 20 or 21 followed by NXT 2.0 liquid wax all with a PC7424xp which is the correct combo for keep the pop in yourcar daily. Know of course with this is with in reason i do drive it daily but still keep the pop till the next time when it time to wash and polish and wax again.

I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my car

I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my car after #105 & 205 i was think of using #7 then 20 or 21 followed by NXT 2.0

Comment

Re: I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my

You don't really need to do the #20 or #21 before the NXT 2.0, but if you did want to use one, go with the M20, since #21 and NXT 2.0 are essentially the same thing, just that #21 can be bought in bulk and can be used with the rotary.
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Re: I'm a daily driver can i use which will product will help maintain the pop on my

For a daily driver, you might like to get friendly with a product like ColorX or #66.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

21/nxt (Detailer Line/Retail Line) Same product.

I would say unless your removing some defects, you wont need to go through all those steps all the time. In between waxes I would use M135 or Ultimate Quik Detailer to maintain the "pop" and protection.

Comment

105, 205, 21 Is Great, then maintain with M135 or Ultimate Quick Detailer

Comment

Originally posted by HighLine View Post
              105, 205, 21 Is Great, then maintain with M135 or Ultimate Quick Detailer
              This is a combo I would try. Not to be redundant but #21 and nxt are very similar products. use one or the other not both. Did you Clay, first. I would.
              Good luck.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

As far as waxing go, there are no "rules". M20, M21 and NXT are great waxes and I'll bet that you'll have amazing results.

Personally I like to work with M20, but that's me. Maybe you would like NXT more than the others, best thing to do is try for yourself and play

Comment

Keeping a couple MFs and bottle of QD or UQD and California duster in the trunk will help you keep it looking really good between sessions. Once I had my car where I wanted it, I spent 5-10 mins a day on maintaining it.

I usually wiped it down with the duster daily when I left for work in the morning and would usually give it a QD about every other day. I found that going that route not only kept my car looking its best, but it also made my detailing sessions easier because the car had been maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by HighLine View Post
                    21/nxt (Detailer Line/Retail Line) Same product.

I would say unless your removing some defects, you wont need to go through all those steps all the time. In between waxes I would use M135 or Ultimate Quik Detailer to maintain the "pop" and protection.
                    M21 and NXT Generation Tech Wax are not the same product, there are a few differences bewtween the two.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

so then #7 is out of the question then?

Comment

Originally posted by glenncontreras View Post
                        so then #7 is out of the question then?

Try it and see what it does for you. It gets laid down before you wax, so you would probably use it 3-6 times a year depending on how often you need to wax your car.

M7 a pure polish that can help bring out the color and give a little more gloss by restoring some of the oils to your finish. The difference tends to be more pronounced on single stage finishes and darker colored cars. If you have some and give it a go, the worst thing that would happen is you would spend the time to lay it down and then wax it over and then decide the end result isn't worth the extra effort. It certainly won't hurt anything.

Comment

Check out this article: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen.

You may find that you will not notice any difference at all by using #7 on a silver car. No harm in trying it, of course. Perhaps you'll like it.

If I were in your shoes, I would stick to either M21 or NXT. I don't see any gain in using M21 as one's base and then topping it with NXT. But of course, there's no harm in trying different combinations. Why not use NXT as your base sealant and then top it with M21? Keep trying different combinations until you find the one that you prefer.

Do consider using UQW as a maintenance protectant between waxes. Have fun!
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            For a daily driver, you might like to get friendly with a product like ColorX or #66.
                            I agree. Using ColorX monthly on a a silver vehicle should work just fine. If you really want to make it "pop" use Ultimate Quick Wax after your wash.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');