• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Package Deal? Newbie Questions/Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Package Deal? Newbie Questions/Suggestions

I'm sure you all get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, so I will apologize in advance. This site is filled with SO MUCH great information and opinions on everything which is great.

I purchased a used Black 06 Pathfinder that has a ton of scratches on it. Before I spend the money to get it repainted I want to try to see what I can do first.

I went out and purchased the following (based on a video on this site).

NXT Car Wash
    Clay Bar Kit
    Deep Crystal Polish (liquid)
    Scratch X 2.0
    NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (paste)

I have only used a small amount of the Scratch X 2.0 (today) by hand and actually had some success. So, before I crack everything else open to do the rest of the truck I want to get a DA Polisher (my hand got tired after doing a small test spot ) and make sure I have the "right" things.

I have found 2 kits available and I'm unsure what I should buy and if I should return any of the stuff I have already purchased.

ADS has the kit for the G110V2 w/ 6 pads and backing plate for $189.99

Another site has the PC 7424XP w/ 5 pads, backing plate, counter weight, 32oz M105, 32oz M205, 16oz #34 for about $227

Soooo what do I do/buy?

Thanks for the help sorry for the LONG story

Re: Best Package Deal? Newbie Questions/Suggestions

I'd go with the G110v2 to start. I think it's a little more forgiving for new users than the PC, but I could be wrong. I bought the G110v2, and it's soooo easy to use and it works incredible.
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

I thought they were pretty much the same thing just with a different name on them.

I'm more concerned about the products to use/not use.

Comment

The products you have are good, and #105 and #205 would be good products to have in addition to use with a machine.

You can combine packages a lot of different ways, esp on ADS. It is best to make sure you have a few polishing pads though.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

PC has a 3 year warranty and a bit less power than the G110v2 (1 year warranty). The G110v2 has some nice features, such as slow startup and a mechanism to increase power under pressure. You should be able to get similar results from both machines.

Also, I wouldn't start out with M105, rather work products like SwirlX, Ultimate Compound or M83 or D151 for light correction. M105 is great, but is a strong compound, not all paint needs that type of product. M205 will provide some defect removal along with creating a surface that is ready for your wax.

Hope that helps.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

If I were in a position to buy right now I would get the G110v2 plus 6 pads from ADS. That is really a terrific deal, as you are getting the 6 pads for only 39.99 extra, and separately they go for 11-13 each, plus you get free shipping. In the same order, you can get 12-ounce samples of 105 and 205 if you want to try them, or samples of any of the other professional products, and Ultimate Compound and SwirlX, which may end up doing as well or better for you than 105 and are less expensive. The G110v2 is a fairly recent upgrade to the v1 (which was more similar to the PC) that provides the added "turbo" feature that gives it more power as pressure is applied so it doesn't slow down.

Comment

I would go with the package from ADS. You will find that in time you will be ordering quite a bit. Go with Rick, he is very knowledgeable. Great service and a great guy to deal with.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');