• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 4" Polishing Pad - How to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4" Polishing Pad - How to use

Hi:

Any information on how to use the new 4" polishing pad with a DA?

What speed setting?

Works best with which product or products?

Any other tips.

Thanks

KTruck
    Make it Shine

Re: New 4" Polishing Pad - How to use

As far as I know you need to be very careful with the cutting power of this 4" polishing pad, since the smaller the pad, the stronger the cut when using D/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluher View Post
      As far as I know you need to be very careful with the cutting power of this 4" polishing pad, since the smaller the pad, the stronger the cut when using D/A.
      that is 100% true. the smaller size does increase the cut and that is something to be aware of. but aside from that, the 4 inch pads really help get into tight spaces !
      Addicted

Comment

i gonna be think the samae

Comment

I go about one speed setting less than with a 7" pad, but you also have to factor in the surface you are polishing. For plastic bumper covers. I try to keep it at speed 3 whereas on regular painted metal I would go to 4. Of course, you can bump up the speed if you need more cut, but you would then pay attention to pad pressure and perhaps use less passes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');