• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

low to the floor and bottoming out scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low to the floor and bottoming out scratches

I never had a sport car but, for you guys who have a car that sits low to the floor, is it possible to never ever get the bumper and live free of bottoming out? I mean you have to go over ramps, big dips, speed bumbs, or even the ramp to get to the garage.

Sometimes may be just impossible to avoid it, right? What to do? Knowing that it is a part of the car that you cannot see unless you lay down under the bumber, are you going to have it repainted?

Do you have any bottoming out?

Re: low to the floor and bottoming out scratches

My Focus has a custom front lip that is about the height of a soda can off the ground. If I don't take the optimal angle leaving some driveways etc it can scrape, but I covered it in clear bra...which helps some, but doesn't stop the damage.

I just live with it.

Comment

Re: low to the floor and bottoming out scratches

Look at this cars: It scares me to think about owning one of them in the city.. it seen so easy to accidentally get its bottom in a situation like described in the topic first post. It may not be because of the low to the floor bumper, but the bumber is also too long.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');