• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m105 huge difference between old and new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m105 huge difference between old and new?

Is there a huge difference in working with 105 when using a DA? Old formula vs new..

Re: m105 huge difference between old and new?

No, the older version is rumored to cut a bit more, but you wouldn't notice that with a DA, only rotary.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

How about ease of use? 105 seems to dry real quick. Did that change with new formula?

Comment

From what I understand, the "old" formula was rotary only and was not DA approved. The "new" formula is compatible with the DA and rotary.

As to the exact formulation difference or why the old stuff wasn't supposed to be for DA, I couldn't tell you.

I found that working smaller areas helps keep the 105 from drying out so fast.

Comment

The new M105 has a work time much closer to M95. That is to say it lasts longer and doesn't "flash" like the old formula could in high temps or humidity.

If you have used Ultimate Compound, it is reasonably similar to that in terms of work time.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');