• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best lubricant for claying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best lubricant for claying?

Hey guys, what do you use as a lubricant when you're claying? I just ran out of Quik Detailer, and I'm thinking about getting something cheaper, like Final Inspection or Last Touch. Which works the best? And which is the cheapest?

Re: Best lubricant for claying?

I have yet to use my last touch, but as far as price getting a gallon of that gets you 2 gallons of lube, so price seem good there, I've just not ran out of my Quick D, and I love QD : )
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Comment

I have been very happy with Last Touch diluted 1:1 for clay, and the price is great. ADS has it for $20/gal, I think I bought mine for $18 last year. I know some others have used Optimum No Rinse as their clay lube and like it as well, but I haven't done the math to see which one would be more cost effective. The gallon size of ONR runs $35, but you might need less than 1:1 for claying. I have a 32oz sample, I'll see what the directions say and get back to you...
      Greg D.

2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Imperial Blue
      2008 Chevy Suburban LT - Black

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a gallon of Last Touch as well, but I'm waiting until I get paid for my first detail job, so I can buy it with the new G110v2 so I don't have to pay shipping.

Comment

I go through about a gallon of Last Touch every month, good stuff. I use it mostly for claying.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

My personal choice is Last Touch 1:1. You should have asked I would have brought you a sample out. Actually, I had a bottle in the trunk!

Andy
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Same here. My favorite lube for claying is. Last Touch Diluted 1:1.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
                My personal choice is Last Touch 1:1. You should have asked I would have brought you a sample out. Actually, I had a bottle in the trunk!

Andy
                It's the weather, got my mind off track Or I wouldn't have stomped on the throttle to run a yellow light 50 yards away
                Do you have a for sale thread here?

Comment

No, I typically don't sell anything. But I had the G100, I have the G110, and the G110V2 on order. Figured I would let you get your feet wet and speed up your detailing addiction.

Andy
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
                    No, I typically don't sell anything. But I had the G100, I have the G110, and the G110V on order. Figured I would let you get your feet wet and speed up your detailing addiction.

Andy
                    Haha getting my feet wet is an understatement - everything up to my knees are wet because the G100 is indeed very addicting... also because of the rain

Comment

I mix up my own.

I ounce of Meguiar's NXT concentrated car wash mixed with 20 ounces of water on a spray bottle. I could never understand why someone would use expensive detail spray for claying. I've been mixing my own for years. It ain't rocket science, it's cheep, and it works!
                      BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                        Same here. My favorite lube for claying is. Last Touch Diluted 1:1.

Where do I ordered the Last Touch Diluted 1:1?

Comment

Originally posted by mcsniper703 View Post
                          Where do I ordered the Last Touch Diluted 1:1?
                          You buy it by the gallon and buy the bottle and spayer then mix it yourself.

Andy
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');