• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQW Quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQW Quest?

Hey guys, i plan to wash my moms car today (07 Dodge Nitro) and i was contemplating using UQW as a drying aid or after the car had been dried. My question is, how much protection/longevity will this yield over say an actual coat or two of NXT 2.0/M21. The car has not been waxed since we bought it in June 09 however, it beads nicely still on horizontal panels.

Also, with UQW is claying necessary before applying? (id assume yes but unsure since its a "quick wax/SOWO product)
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Re: UQW Quest?

I dont substitute UQW as a wax, meaning i will wax after a wash, then maintain my finish with UQD and UQW every other time. I dont think it would last as long as NXT but I'm not sure. And i would deffinately clay before applying unless you have recently and you cant feel any contaminents.

Comment

I use UQW as a drying aid all the time.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

ok, can ya answer any of the other questions Nick?
        Zach Hall

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
          ok, can ya answer any of the other questions Nick?
          I have gotten UQW to last about three weeks on an unprepped surface, or a surface that has never been clayed.

I have been using it for almolst a year on a 2010 Chevy Suburban I have been taking care of since new, and it has been beading strong.

I would imagine Ultimate Quik Wax would last longer on a clayed and prepped surface.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I tend to use the UQW once the car has been dried. And yeah, it seems to last pretty good.

I wouldnt worry about claying now... may as well get it properly waxed, or at least cleaner/waxed if you are going to get into all that.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would say pass on the claying. I would hazard a guess that 2-3 weeks life out of the UQW. Depends on the usual factors. Exposure, weather how its parked, etc.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

ok, i plan on doing a full detail here in late april into may anyway
                Zach Hall

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');