• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Plan

Now that it's Spring I really want to step up my detailing of my Mustang, it has a dark 'gunmetal gray' paint job and I want to keep it looking as new as possible. I really want to stay ontop of getting rid of swirls and keeping it painted and polised.

Currently I wash with GC, I clean and polish with deep crystal, and I wax with NXT, I will be getting myself the clay kit next week probably.

What should I use to get rid of minor swirls (from normal washing, etc.) the deep crystal or swirl X? How often too? I was thinking maybe just a couple times a year.

How often would someone normally polish as well, and if I do polish do I need to clay or just use paint cleaner, should I polish two or three times a year and use color X in between polishings?

Give me some advice and let me know what your routines are for full detailing?

Re: Detailing Plan

What should I use to get rid of minor swirls (from normal washing, etc.) the deep crystal or swirl X? How often too? I was thinking maybe just a couple times a year.
    Working by hand, SwirlX would be the place to start.Then Ultimate Compound if needed. And yes, SwirlX would be safe to use a few times a year.

How often would someone normally polish as well, and if I do polish do I need to clay or just use paint cleaner, should I polish two or three times a year and use color X in between polishings?
    There are basically two detail routines I use, being a daily driver parked outside, I use the 'Quick" one more often. But of course you'll get better swirl removal, etc from the 'Full" detail.

1. Wash - 2 buckets, Grit Guards, quality towels, sponges, etc
    2. Clay if needed
    3. Clean - SwirlX or UC as needed
    4. Polish - Optional, Deep Crystal Polish is easy to use
    5. Wax - Your favorite wax
    6. Wax - 2 thin coats are best

1. Wash
    2. Clay if needed/wanted
    3. ColorX
    4. Wax - Your favorite wax

7. Maintain - Ultimate Quick Wax for after future washes, QD/UQD for removing bird doppings, hard water drips, etc.

You can do those as often as you want, but with UQW after you wash, I think you will get a good 2 months at least from the wax from each detail.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');