• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What includes a "mini detail"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What includes a "mini detail"

Just a month ago i made a full detaill to my car, (clay, polish, wax etc) now is the time to give another coat of wax so i was thinking to do this

Wash
    clay
    coat of wax
    Dress all exterior plastics
    protect wheels
    dress tyres
    polish tailpipes

this can be like a mini detail? my paintwork still shiny and swirl free!!

Re: What includes a "mini detail"

You can do whatever you like....

I tend to set aside a seperate day for metal polishing....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If I were you I d not clay it again, is it really necessary, did you evaluate the surface?

Whatever, what wax did you use when you did the complete detail? If it was NXT 2.0 I' d go with High Tech Carnauba Wax (M26), or Gold Class Carnauba Wax (I didn' t try this one but I like the Gold Class line of products).

Comment

You of course can do any steps you want. For me a mini detail would be something like this.
        Wash
        wax
        interior
        metal

There would be no paint correction, or claying done. Just a case of taking care of your ride.
        This would only happen if the paint was evaluated. No claying or paint correction was needed.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

thank you guys, my mini datail includes

Wash
          Wax
          Interior
          Plastics

thats all

Comment

Each person probably has their own.
            - My Mini-detail is wash+ColorX+NXT2 since COlorX has cleaner+glaze+carnuba, and I only use the term "detail" when there is some amount of paint cleaning involved (not when just re-waxing).
            - My Full-Detail (spring+fall minimum, sometimes also summer) is wash+clay+cleaner(SwirlX)+glaze+NXT2+M07. If more correction is needed, the cleaner could be UC.
            - If you are going to wash+clay, I would recommend some sort of cleaner (SwirlX) and hence you are into a full-detail. SwirlX has some glaze, but when I am doing a full-detail on my Red (or dark) car, I prefer to also do a glaze step before the nxt2.
            2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by tato20vt View Post
              thank you guys, my mini datail includes

Wash
              Wax
              Interior
              Plastics

thats all

I always include the glass inside and out. A car NEVER looks clean with dirty glass IMO.
              Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
              "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Originally posted by searle View Post
                Each person probably has their own.
                - My Mini-detail is wash+ColorX+NXT2 since COlorX has cleaner+glaze+carnuba, and I only use the term "detail" when there is some amount of paint cleaning involved (not when just re-waxing).
                - My Full-Detail (spring+fall minimum, sometimes also summer) is wash+clay+cleaner(SwirlX)+glaze+NXT2+M07. If more correction is needed, the cleaner could be UC.
                - If you are going to wash+clay, I would recommend some sort of cleaner (SwirlX) and hence you are into a full-detail. SwirlX has some glaze, but when I am doing a full-detail on my Red (or dark) car, I prefer to also do a glaze step before the nxt2.
                I'm confused as to why the Color X. Is there a data sheet that shows that it has carnauba? What "glaze" does it contain, and what's your definition of a glaze? The copy says polish and wax. The bottle says polymers.

I'd have thought the carnauba should be applied after the NXT2.0 sealant. You're also indicating Show Car Glaze after the polymers in NXT 2.0, but are also interjecting the term "glaze" again. Just totally confused; not disagreeing...

If M205 is rated 4, where's this fit in and is it SMAT to facilitate G110v2 application?

COLORx®

Item # G11816

$9.99

IN STOCK (Ships within 1 business day)

User Reviews

Meguiar’s® COLORX® is the tested and proven system to restore deep color and gloss from your oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Helps remove fine scratches and swirl marks too. Our polish and wax combination will dramatically revive brilliant color and add a long lasting protection that locks in the shine. For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry.
                "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                BOB

Comment

ColorX is classified by Meguiars as a CleanerWax, and they have said it is slightly more powerful than the old "CleanerWax" product but not as powerful as straight cleaners (SwirlX and above).

Meguiars does not list the individual components of their products, that is trade-secret.

Meguiars uses the term "Polish" to indicate a product which contains nurturing oils (glaze), unlike some other companies who use polish to indicate cleaners. So, I use the terms polish and glaze and oils to all indicate the same thing, nurturing oils (such as M07 show-car-glaze or DC2 polish, but also partly present in ColorX and SwirlX, and some other products)

Yes, ColorX contains some polymers as well, but it is not pure synthetic sealant (like NXT2 is), it contains some carnuba wax.

TYPO alert, the last step in my previous "full-detail" should have been M26 (#26 carnuba). I was typing faster than I was thinking.
                  - my full detail is wash+clay+cleaner(SwirlX)+glaze(M07)+sealant(NXT2)+wax(M26)
                  2010 XRS

Comment

I guess I don't understand what Color X does in your mini detail, or any other detail for that matter. Are you removing oxidation?
                    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                    BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
                      I guess I don't understand what Color X does in your mini detail, or any other detail for that matter. Are you removing oxidation?
                      ColorX uses DAT and is less aggressive than M205, M66 Quick Detailer and M205 both have the same cut and ColorX is less aggressive than M66 Quick Detailer.
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

"For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry."

How's it work with a DA?
                        BOB

Comment

"For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry."

How's it work with a DA?
                          I have used ColorX with the G110 before and it worked fine. But I use M66 Quick Detailer for machine application and ColorX for hand application.
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I guess what I'm driving at is: What's the very, very least aggressive DA applied product just to touch up a few ultra fine, tiny, light scratches without having to worry about compromising my clear coat?
                            BOB

Comment

ColorX is good as a mild cleaner to freshen the paint, which could include really minor swirls or oxidation, it is not (in my opinion) suitable for removing real defects.

ColorX also includes some polish/glazxe/oils, plus the wax.

So, it is nice for a quick mini-detail, a nice "All-In-One" product. It is not (in my opinion) a replacement for a full-detail, and especially not a replacement for serious defect removal.

The next step up the cleaning chain would be SwirlX (still quite mild and can be used fairly regularily with negligible affect on paint - unless you go overboard with repeated "passion" during repeated/regular heavy usage).
                              2010 XRS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');