• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior detailing

Hi guys,

Few questions:

a. Is it ok to clean the interior vinyl and rubber trim with QID prior to applying NS? Will the two products compliment each other?
    b. If I wish to switch from NS to to NXT tech protect or vice versa, is there any preparation that needs to be done....namely, to remove the layer of NS or NXT?
    c. Lastly, the only leather component in my car is the steering wheel, instead of investing in a dedicated leather cleaner/conditioner, will QID suffice in terms of cleaning and protection for the steering.

Thanks for the input.

regards,
    Malcolm

Re: Interior detailing

Originally posted by pirates View Post
    a. Is it ok to clean the interior vinyl and rubber trim with QID prior to applying NS? Will the two products compliment each other?
    Both products are very similar. If it's for vinyl and rubber trim Natural Shine will do since it has some light cleaning ability and will protect the surface and vice-versa.

b. If I wish to switch from NS to to NXT tech protect or vice versa, is there any preparation that needs to be done....namely, to remove the layer of NS or NXT?
    No problem.

c. Lastly, the only leather component in my car is the steering wheel, instead of investing in a dedicated leather cleaner/conditioner, will QID suffice in terms of cleaning and protection for the steering.
    QID is a great product because it's safe to use on all surfaces, including leather. Keep in mind that QID is more of a maintenance product, if the steering wheel is very dirty I would have a leather cleaner/conditioner in hand to be on the safe side that the surface is clean. If you use QID regularly and your hand are clean most of the time than I would think it's fine to just use QID

Comment

Hi guys,

Few questions:

Thanks for the input.

regards,
      Malcolm
      Hey Malcolm,

I've been using Meguiar's NXT protectant for several years and for the most part have been pretty satisfied with the results. One thing I would classify as a negative is it tends to be a bit oily if not wiped throughly after its applied.

I detailed the interior of 2 vehicles this past weekend and used Meguiar's M40 exclusively. Without a doubt Meguiar's M40 is "the" finest product for vinyl and plastic that I've ever used. It wipes on and off nice and leaves a satin glow plus it smells great. it works very well on leather and is not sticky or slippery. In my opinion it's just right!

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!
      BobbyG

Comment

thanks guys for the advise

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');