• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOSCH ICON on paint???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSCH ICON on paint???

Hey guys. I have a car that takes a 14" wiper blade on passenger side but BOSCH doesnt make a 14" only a 16". Is it ok if the wiper blade "wipes" a little bit of the painted A piller? it wont hurt the paint will it???

Re: BOSCH ICON on paint???

Over a period of time I'm sure it will. Does the blade have to be BOSCH? I know other wiper companys carry a 14'' blade. My TJ's rear window used a 14'' blade.
    Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
    "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

well i have a BOSH ICON on the drives side and it just looks really bad...I dont kno if it can be trimmed..ill i need is it to be like 3/4" smaller...idk..one of my budddies did it on his car(we got the same one) and hes been running ot for two years with no problems....IDK?!?!!?

Comment

I would tend not to have it on my paint. Trimming maybe....

I like my ICONS, but the RainX ones get great reviews also, if they have your size.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I was just looking at them on the BOSCH site and was gonna suggest a trim. If that endcap can be removed/replaced I'm pretty sure a trim would be an easy fix.
          Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
          "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

I would go for trimming before I would let them rub on my paint. Good luck with it.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I got then installed and they dont rub! Yay! Its great!

Comment

And they can be trimmed- they're produced as a giant stock, and trimmed then capped anyways. Just need to get the cap off.
                2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');