• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too COLD to do a full detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too COLD to do a full detail?

Looks like it is going to be around 50 here tomorrow. Is that too cold to do a full detail? I have my new toy (GV110V2) and want to put it to good use.

Re: Too COLD to do a full detail?

If you can get out in the sun, should be ok.

If in the shade and damp, it may be tougher.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Doing it in the sun, You would be amazed how that helps heating up the paint. Good luck.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        If you can get out in the sun, should be ok.

If in the shade and damp, it may be tougher.
        I can't tell you how many times I've detailed in the sun because of cool weather. The sun makes a huge difference but depending on the color of the car and actual temp you might have to turn the car a couple of times to take advantage of it. Try doing it 11:00am and beyond because the sun sits higher in the sky and you're entering the warmer part of the day.
        BobbyG

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but do you want the car warm just for the waxing phase to allow it to dry? I am about to do my first full process in a few days but I'm not sure when to do it. I normally wash right before it gets dark and I was thinking I would just pull it into the garage and clay/clean/polish/wax in there after the wash. Is that not goingto work? I live in southern california so the nights arent really all that cold.

Comment

Pulling it into a garage would actually optimize your detail if the garage can be kept at a certain temperature. This way you are not fighting the environment.

I wish I had a garage I could detail in except that I would be in there all day and night. lol!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Well, it is all about surface temp.

So detailing in the sun in the winter in the Northeast is one thing.... detailing in the sun in Cali in the summer is another. So just do what you have to to maintain a good surface temp to work on.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

For what it is worth, I'm on the east coast (MD) and when I did my detail it was maybe 50 and sunny. By the time I got the polish off and cleaned my mess from taking the DA off the truck without turning it off, the sun was pretty much gone and it had to have been mid 40's. My job turned out good IMO. I would have rather been in Southern CA doing it

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');