• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

normal wash vs dry wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal wash vs dry wash

What do you think of dry wash?

Re: normal wash vs dry wash

Are you referring to rinseless wash vs. normal wash?
    2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
    2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

I guess.

I didn' t know the right term.

Comment

I've been using the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) for several months now. Living in an apartment it can be hard to get a good wash done the right way since we don't have hose. After hearing some great things about it and it being suggested to me by Mike Stoops when he and I discussed the pitfalls of detailing in an apartment setting, I gave it a shot.

So far, I like it a lot. It's not a true "dry" product as it does need some water. However, I was able to wash my PT Cruiser and my wife's CRV with a 1.5 gallons of water between them. The finish comes out nice and slick like it would with a good shampoo.

The one drawback to it is that when it's really warm outside, you can only work small sections on each panel as it tends to evaporate quickly. That's a fairly minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

One of the things I really like about it is that I can tell when washing if I need to wax afterwards. Because it has a formulation similar to a QD product, when it's time to rewax the car, the ONR is a little harder to wipe up.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');