• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs and Stratton brute pressure? any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs and Stratton brute pressure? any good?

anyone ever heard of Briggs and Stratton brute gas pressure washer?

found a pretty good deal was wondering if that brand is good.

thanks

Re: Briggs and Stratton brute pressure? any good?

I have one don't know if its a brute but it was like $400 and is awesome also gas powered

Comment

I've got a B&S SpeedClean 2400psi I got for $125 off Craigslist, really like it. Not the strongest on the market, but it will take skin off your foot if you pressure wash in flip flops.

If the unit is used, be sure to change the motor oil AND the pump oil prior to using it. Also, don't let it run without water running into the pump (it will burn up). This goes for B&S and non-B&S pressure washers. Finally, I'd stay away from electric ones, but that is just personal preference as most electric have much lower PSI ratings.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Is this a Brute brand pressure washer with a Briggs engine?

Pressure washers are one of those products that I would not purchase used. There are just too many problem areas that will not be uncovered until later.

For example, how long was the motor running before releasing the pressure? Was pump saver used? How hard was the water? I will not start asking about the motor...

The point is that you need to be really careful. Ask questions and give it a good look over (especially inlet and outlet, fuel tank, and spark plug) before making a decision.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Briggs and Stratton motors are reliable, parts are readily available, and are easy to DIY when it comes to work/repair.

If it is in your price range and the pressure pump is in good condition, then it should be fine. I too would change the fluids: gas, oil, pump oil. Also, pull the plug and check for carbon build up, clean with wire brush if necessary.

Oh yeah, one more thing, as ColnelCash said, don't run the engine without supplying the pump with water.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');