• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust in garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust in garage

Is a car cover the best way to keep dust off your car in a garage? I have read that it can scratch the paint if the car is not completely clean and the liner is not soft etc..

What about dust prevention? Would putting an air purifier in a garage be enough of a benefit? I found this , is wall mountable and has a sensor that detects dust. Kind of expensive but so are good car covers.

I just hate cleaning my car off in the evening and returning to it dusty in the morning, heh.

Re: Dust in garage

Sounds like this is your daily driver. I doubt a car cover is the answer in this case. Likely you'll do more harm than good being you'll be putting in on and taking it off daily.

I use a California Duster, but I'm not sure what the members of the forum think of these. I think it's going to depend on how perfect you want to keep the finish.

I'm interested to read the responses.

Comment

+1 on the California Duster. Used correctly, it won't harm your finish. It will take you all of 5 minutes to dust your car in the morning.
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Trust me, a car cover does more harm for a daily driver as it is usually not taken off or put on properly. Also, you would have to quick detail the car before each use of the car cover. I tried a car cover and it left swirls galore after the winter as I never used it properly. Go with what Bandot Bill said about the California Duster. Just be sure to use it properly.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I have done it both ways, I had a great very soft cover I used on a black corvette which I only drove about once every 3 weeks. It worked great No dust and no swirls.
          I now own a black Dodge Hemi Sport which I drive weekly. I use a california duster then follow up with Ultimate Detailer. This also works,just be very careful with the duster, use light strokes!

Comment

I'm surprised you have so much dust in humid Huntsville. I, too, would go with the California Duster. Indoor car covers are more for rarely driven vehicles.

On a side note, I'm assuming from your avatar you are a proud owner of the new twin-turbo SHO. What color is it?

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Here is another vote for a duster. Never have been a fan of a car cover for a daily driver.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like a duster is the way to go... as for it not being dusty in Huntsville... it's been especially bad this week, although not dust per say, but pollen from the pine trees. Leave the car out for 10 minutes and it has pollen on it, when I get off of work my black car is yellow, lol.

Comment

do you guys find that the california duster leaves streaks .. i had one and stopped using it because of the streaks it left .. maybe it was the oil or wax in the duster i dont know but i did not like it ..

Comment

The parafin on the strands of a new California Duster will leave a small streak until it is broken in. Usually is you pass back over the area again it will pull it back up. I am using a Duster almost daily right now to keep tree pollen off my daily driver.

Comment

Why not to use Quick Detailer every 3 or 4 days? It is better than the cover and all the putting it on and off every single day.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');