• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wet waxing" car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wet waxing" car?

In the past, the way I would wax is:

1) wash car (usually with Gold Glass car wash)
    2) dry thoroughly with microfiber towel
    3) apply Gold Class or NXT with a foam applicator in circular motions, covering whole car nicely
    4) let dry
    5) buff off with a dry microfiber towel

The result is great, but man, lots of time and manpower needed!

So instead, I've been doing this, because I've been getting lazy and low on time:

1) wash car (with Gold Class car wash)
    2) wait a few minutes to let excess water drip off, but don't dry off car
    3) for each section of the car, apply NXT onto the car, which is still slightly wet, and use a microfiber to both apply the wax and absorb the water
    4) when finished with whole car, buff off wax quickly with a dry towel

The "new" method cuts the time by more than half ... but I guess ....

is this bad? okay?

Thanks!

Re: "Wet waxing" car?

Not something I would ever do.

If I were you I would just wax like normal and then after each wash use Ultimate Quik Wax as a drying aid.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

dkknight, I think you'll get much better results by using Ultimate Quik Wax.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Ah, never heard of Ultimate Quik Wax ... will try it next time I'm at Walmart!

Comment

Then by all means pick up a bottle of UQW. It's as easy as mist-on and wipe-off. Check out Mark Kleis's video on UQW. UQW is too easy not to use!

You can also use UQW as a drying aid.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

Good post Al and nice vid Mark!

I highly recommend UQW. I use it after every wash and it got my car through the winter easily.

Comment

Another vote for you to try the UQW. You will really like it. Now that will not replace a full wax job. It is more of a in between "booster". But it works very well.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I definitely don't see the wax lasting as long applying it the way you are. Therefore, you're not saving anytime because you will have to repeat that process many more times than if you just did it the way it was designed to be done. You'll probably end up wasting more time than if you did it correctly.

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');