• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference in chrome reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference in chrome reflection

Blurry reflection

Clear reflection (you can easily see the gravel driveway)

I believe an auto detail shop started polishing my rear bumper (when they did the paint) and then noticed that they were screwing it up and left it as is, without telling me.

Will I be able to polish it back to it's original clarity? I was thinking of trying Meguiar's Hot Rims Chrome Polish.

Suggestions?

Re: difference in chrome reflection

I'd try 105 followed by hot rims.

I've had excellent results with 105 on metals

Comment

Yeah, the above are 2 good products to try.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks KerrinJeff, I'm glad to know it isn't ruined. I have some 205, ScratchX and Ultimate Compound. I'll start with the lesser abrasives and pick up some 105 if needed.

Are you basing this recommendation based on working by hand, or with a DA polisher? If so would I used a polishing pad?

Comment

Just to note, it still could be hard to match. Chrome is hard to correct, so it depends how bad it is. But those are the best you'll do.

Only worked by hand with terry before, not sure which machine products to use, but probably a polishing pad, maybe the 4" ones.

Not sure #205 will do anything, UC maybe.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try 105 by hand first, then you can move to a G110 or PC with a polishing pad. I'd use 4" polishing pad on the PC.

105 by hand is pretty amazing, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some improvement by hand.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');