• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UC vs. Rubbing compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC vs. Rubbing compound

Right now I have been using the Ultimate compound by hand with a foam applicator to try and remove swirls from my paint. I'm not really getting any good results from it. Should i try the new Meguiars rubbing compound and polish meant for hand use or should i try using the ultimate compound again

Re: UC vs. Rubbing compound

Maybe thiscan help you with your choise.

Hope i helped in something
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

I bought Meguiar's Rubbing compoung and absolutely love it. I'd say give it a try, if not then you may just need some extra pressure applied with the UC.

Comment

Yes, telling us about how yo uare applying the UC may help.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I did a test spot around 12" by 12". I applied the UC on the meguiars foam applicator and spread it on the test area, then began to work it in for about 60-70 seconds, then i wiped it off.

Comment

Originally posted by JPagan View Post
            I did a test spot around 12" by 12". I applied the UC on the meguiars foam applicator and spread it on the test area, then began to work it in for about 60-70 seconds, then i wiped it off.
            How much pressure were you using? Were you essentially just spreading it around like a wax?

Pushing hard enough to make your fingertips white?

Comment

Save your arm and buy a polisher

The UC shouldn't have any problems getting rid of the swirls. try working in smaller sections and applying more pressure.

By foam applicator do you mean one used to apply wax? If so that may be your problem.

Comment

Yes my finger tips were getting white and no i wasn't applying it like a wax, I was applying enough pressure to where the body panels would flex when working it in. I was just using a basic meguiar's foam applicator pad.

Comment

How big of a area were you working. Maybe you should shrink your work area to a 18x18 size.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    How big of a area were you working. Maybe you should shrink your work area to a 18x18 size.
                    I was testing it in a 12"x12" area

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');