• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle windshield

What is best for the care of a plastic motorcycle windshield?

Re: Motorcycle windshield

Meguiar's PlastX

Comment

Originally posted by superd View Post
      What is best for the care of a plastic motorcycle windshield?
      It depends what it is made from - some are made from a material that does not lend itself well to polishing. I attempted to polish a wind screen off of a relatively new Harley Davidson and it was absolutely impossible. For starters, they typically have some type of "clear" coating, so that has to be fully removed first.

Once that is gone, you will find that the material just does not respond well to polishing. I have tried essentially every polish I could possibly get my hands on, nothing could deliver a perfect result.

I was able to remove the fine haze and give it *some* clarity, but perfection escaped my grasp after hours of polishing attempts.

Comment

Is there anything to repair, or just in good shape and maintain?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Renovo LP Aero Plastics - acrylic polish and sealant, a no-wax, non-yellowing formula containing polyethylene polymers; this product gives a super slick surface to your acrylic windshield and windows, used extensively on light aircraft.
          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');