• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use for cleaner wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use for cleaner wax?

A while ago I bought the Meguiar's cleaner wax (a 16- and 4-oz bottle) as well as a clay bar, in order to get some rust off one of my cars. Didn't work.

The wax has been sitting in my garage ever since. Is there any other use for it? Is this something that can help out the paint of any car? Or is this something I should save, and only use when needed? Apart from the rust that has appeared on part of one car, the paint on both cars isn't damaged at all--it just gets dirty from normal wear and tear.

Also, I was told that it would strip the wax off the car, so after using it, to apply another coat of regular wax. Is that true?
    Paul

Re: Use for cleaner wax?

Originally posted by psaulm119 View Post
    A while ago I bought the Meguiar's cleaner wax (a 16- and 4-oz bottle) as well as a clay bar, in order to get some rust off one of my cars. Didn't work.
    Clay nor wax will remove rust. That needs body work with sand paper and so on. "The works" if you will.

The wax has been sitting in my garage ever since. Is there any other use for it? Is this something that can help out the paint of any car? Or is this something I should save, and only use when needed? Apart from the rust that has appeared on part of one car, the paint on both cars isn't damaged at all--it just gets dirty from normal wear and tear.
    Clay and cleaner wax will make the paint smooth as glass, clean it, polish it, and protect it all in those two steps. Perfect for someone who either doesn't have a lot of time, or just doesn't share the same madness as some of us.
    Also, I was told that it would strip the wax off the car, so after using it, to apply another coat of regular wax. Is that true?
    The clay will remove the wax, but the cleaner wax will protect it. It's still a wax. It's a wax with...benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      The clay will remove the wax, but the cleaner wax will protect it. It's still a wax. It's a wax with...benefits.
      OK so I can use just this cleaner wax for the next few waxes then? Sounds like it is superior to "regular" wax. In that case, there's no reason to let it sit on my garage taking up space.

Thanks.
      Paul

Comment

OK so I can use just this cleaner wax for the next few waxes then? Sounds like it is superior to "regular" wax. In that case, there's no reason to let it sit on my garage taking up space.

Thanks.
        cleaner Wax is great for removing very light wash-induced haze, some stains in paint (sometimes dark stains form where dirt runs out from cracks, such as in mirrors), and the like.

It basically helps to make sure the surface is truly clean and helps the wax to properly bond. It's a good idea to switch out your regular wax for cleaner wax every so often so keep the surface clean.

Comment

Thanks.
          It isn't superior in the sense of protection, you will get protection from gold class or nxt wax, it's just an all in one wax.

Comment

Is there any other use for it?
            I use it on my central A/C unit, among other things.

Comment

It's superior in different aspects. A regular wax is different from a cleaner wax. There really is nothing wrong with it though. It's great stuff. I have two things of it and use it probably more than some of my regular waxes.

Comment

Its also great to use on pieces of the interior that can be waxed. A cleaner wax really makes them shine.
                Tedrow's Detailing
                845-642-1698
                Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I use cleaner wax to prepare the surface for a pure wax like Gold Class or NXT. The cleaner wax leaves the surface clean and protected, but you can take advantage of that state by adding another layer of pure wax after the cleaner wax has cured. This takes 12 hours on the safe side, but 20 minutes can be sufficient.

Comment

Works great on wood trim:

Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Works great on shower surrounds in the house.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');