• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black F150 with Swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black F150 with Swirls

First post asking for help. The photos are my 2001 black, clearcoated F150. I understand this is a soft paint. As you can see, I've got some swirls. This finish has been negelcted and/or abused by my enthusiastic but uneducated exuberacne with car care. I've had the swirls for years now, probably the result of inexperienced use of a rotary buffer, using wrong applicators, wrong application sequence, wrong products, just wrong,etc.

This past weekend I clay barred and then tried SwirlX. After getting the car in the sunlight I followed up with a steady flow of MolsonX. I did this all by hand, so I'm thinking maybe another machine app with the DA may work better. Megs - without seeing the photos - has recommended going straight to the UC.

I need some recommendations. Like I said I think i will invest in the DA polisher, it saves time and now I can see, with proper control, would yield more consistent results. I'm looking for recommendations on removing the swirls, and then restoring the finish to a deep, wet appearance. Please let me know what pads to use with what products as well as any tidbits on proper technique.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Black F150 with Swirls

I just finshed removing about 80% of the swirls out of my brothers truck and his truck is over 10 years old...i used UC with porter cable with LC orange pad..i had to go over it a few times to get most of it out

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');