• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top with Carnuba or Not to top with Carnuba??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top with Carnuba or Not to top with Carnuba??

Ok, what do you guys think. I started with Ultimate Compound, then two coats of M07 and one coat of NXT Liquid. Should I put on another coat of NXT or finish off with a Carnuba? I have Mirror Glaze #16.

Here are a couple pictures of how it looks right now.

Re: Top with Carnuba or Not to top with Carnuba??

Yeah, don't "top" with NXT because it has cleaning/polishing agents in it that can possibly remove the M16 you have. So top with M16. It'll look great!
    Matt

Comment

It would depend upon your goals; one of the advantages of a Carnauba wax is that it provides a sacrificial barrier that will 'resist' bird excrement, acid rain and other environmental acidic contaminants.

There are also some other, but highly subjective ‘advantages’ a wax will provide; jetting (the so-called wet-look) and a deep rich gloss.
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

You might loose protection, but you would gain depth. DUDE THE CAR LOOKS AWSOME!!
        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

That car looks awesome! If it's not being driven regularly then I wouldn't touch it with anything else. If it is being driven regularly then I would put on another coat of NXT 2.0.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Show car. Doesn't leave garage very often so I don't care about protection. I just care about shine and depth.

Comment

I think the car looks fantastic. You could try the carnuba. But I believe you would be hard pressed to improve on the gloss.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

For a show car, why even top it with a protectant? Just go with #7. I gather that going exclusively with an oil-based glaze like #7 is not uncommon with show cars.
                Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');