• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armor All wash gel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor All wash gel???

Anyone seen or heard about this new product armor all has called wash gel??? I was in kmart and of course I had to wander around the automotive section, and I seen it. Supposedly you hose your car down then put this gel on it and use your wash mitt to spread it around. Now is it just me or is that an absolutely horrible idea. My thinking is that you wash one dirty section than your mitt is full of dirt then your supposed to use more gel and wash another part of your car with your now dirty wash mitt... What the heck is that. Sounds like a swirled nightmare to me. It never seizes to amaze me how badly people can mistreat their cars or how lazy some people are. Someone that would buy this product would be the same person that would drive their car around with wheels that look black because there is soo much brake dust built up on them (that drives me crazy when I see that). How about the old fashioned way of washing... get out a bucket, put some CAR WASH soap in it and fill it up with water. Sorry about my ranting.... Just wanted to know if anybody else saw this product and what their thoughts were on it.
    Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
    1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
    4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

I haven't seen nor heard of this product yet but it's been raining quite a bit around here lately and today I looked at the Pilot and its covered with dirt from road splatter from driving up and down the highway.

The dirt sitting on the black finish looks really scratchy so I know when I go to wash it I'm going do a lot of pre-rinsing and wetting to loosen and soften the dirt on the finish.

I couldn't imagine not rinsing my mitt after washing one panel and moving on to the next. It hurts just to look at the dirt on the finish. Ouch!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here is the product 94gpse talks about.

I agree sounds bad! Seems to me I read on the bottle "Not recommended for very dirty cars" or something like that.
      Last edited by gb387; Jan 3, 2005, 05:39 PM.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Look at the positive side: with products like that, it's sure to increase business with detailing and swirl removal..!
        Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          I haven't seen nor heard of this product yet but it's been raining quite a bit around here lately and today I looked at the Pilot and its covered with dirt from road splatter from driving up and down the highway.

The dirt sitting on the black finish looks really scratchy so I know when I go to wash it I'm going do a lot of pre-rinsing and wetting to loosen and soften the dirt on the finish.

I couldn't imagine not rinsing my mitt after washing one panel and moving on to the next. It hurts just to look at the dirt on the finish. Ouch!

Mike
          At least your Pilot isn't covered with road salt! Mud can be scratchy though too.

We've had so much rain in central Indiana that the salt has finally been washed away, just in time for more snow and freezing rain Wednesday! It was 60 degress today though!

I would not use the Armor All gel on my paint according to their directions. I don't even see where it would save that much time. You still have to apply it by hand to the vehicle. It doesn't take that much extra time to rinse the wash mitt in the rinse bucket.

Armor All's conventional car wash is not a bad product.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Armor All's conventional car wash is not a bad product.
            I agree... Cheap and works well. I am still going to stick with GC.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');