• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tire cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire cleaning?

Hey. i saw that Mothers came out with a tire cleaning product where you just spray, let sit, rinse, and let air dry. Do Meguiars have a product in the consumer line that is just spray and all done? And is there something in the professional line as well....? I use ASD and its very hard to get them clean...

Re: tire cleaning?

Spraying dressing onto tires doesn't clean at all. A lot of people seem to like super degreaser for cleaning tires, but brushing the tires while soaked in cleaner will clean them even more.
    Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
    baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Yeah, I use APC and a brush.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

has anyone used the consumer tire cleaner??

Comment

When you read on the label of an "all wheel & tire cleaner" you only need to spray on, wait 30 secs, and then rinse, I think it is really speaking about the wheels. Tires need to be brushed!

I'm not a professional and only have to detail my two personal vehicles. I use one dedicated product for the tires (presently, Eimann Frabrik Tire Cleaner) and another product for the wheels (presently, Griot's Wheel Cleaner). For the wheels I use a cleaner that requires some brush agitation to remove the dirt and brake dust. I don't want one that is so strong that no agitation is needed. If it's so strong it can remove brake dust without agitation, then it's probably not good for either the wheels or the environment. It's a minor consideration, I know, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

ok. thanks. u made a great point that i need to think about

Comment

APC and a brush here also.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I was using APC+, but lately have been using Super Degreaser, I believe it works much better!.

Comment

APC + 4:1 and a brush. Today I used a pressure washer as well. Worked wonders.
                  Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

APC at 4:1 or Westley's Bleeche White and a brush for the tires. APC for normal use. Bleeche White does a better job brightening the white letters on my truck and SUV tires when I have to go too long between washes.

I use one of Meguiar's all wheel cleaners with a soft brush on the wheels. Brush is rinsed with solution of GC Car Wash and water at typical 1 oz per gallon.

Wheel wells get same treatment as wheels except APC+ replaces the wheel cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');