• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used UC - what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used UC - what next?

Hey everyone,

I am fairly new at this so bare with me. I just UC'd my '03 Majestic Blue Maxima. I have a PC 7424xp and used an orange Lakecountry pad. I used the techniques that I read in the forum. Slow and steady, small sections at a time. It took me about 4hrs.

Trouble is I'm not completely satisfied with the results - hard to be satisfied with less than perfection when you see some of the results here. Don't get me wrong its night and day from what I started with but I can still see faint swirls throughout. Any suggestions?? I have a bottle of Meguiars Mirror Glaze Swirl Removal 2.0 and a white Lakecountry pad. Does anyone have experience with this product/combo? Would it be effective in cleaning the last of the swirls or am I better to go with the UC again on the white pad? Thanks

Re: Used UC - what next?

Alot od people recomend #205 after the UC compound..i'm going to use this combo when i do my car...I'm going to put the #205 on the LC white pad

Comment

Anyone know the difference between 205 and Swirl Remover 2.0? They seem to be close in aggressiveness.

Comment

M09 Swirls Remover 2.0 uses DAT (Diminishing Abrasives Technology), what this means is that while you work the product against the paint the abrasives will breakdown leaving you with polishing oils.

M205 Ultra Fine Polish uses a new technology SMAT (Super Micro Abrasive Technology) and compared to Meguiar's DAT these abrasives don't breakdown. With this product and the new technology, the product will behave depending on how aggressive you are, if you are gentle than you can get results like M09 but if you use it aggressively then you can be as effective as M80

I really don't like comparing these two products because they are not the same even though on the Scale they are "similar". Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');