• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another UQD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another UQD question

I'm sorry but I'm often confused as to what is an acceptable level of dirtiness that I can still use this on the paint. So anyway, I washed and UQW'd my car last weekend and it has sat in the garage since then (I took the bus to work. Much cheaper than paying for parking). Can I use UQD on it to give it a wipedown?

Re: Another UQD question

GT - I washed my wife's car yesterday and we took it out to dinner in the rain last night. Needless to say, it looked like it wasn't even washed yesterday. I decided to hit it up withj some UQD this morning and it looks good as new. The dirt just lifted away from the paint.

I'd recommend trying it somewhere inconspicuous at first just to check, but I'm really impressed with how clean the car looks again. No scratches or anything....
    Chris

=====================================
    2010 Audi S4 - 333hp / 3.0L supercharged V6

Comment

GT -- sounds like there would be no issue using UQD on a car that has been garaged all week. I typically use wipe my Suburban down on a weekly basis with UQD, and it only ventures out a couple of times a week.

Just don't forget to turn the microfiber pretty often while wiping the car down.
      There is no such thing as a 'final detail'...

Comment

As long as you are only wiping down a light layer of dust then there is no problem.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Thanks guys. Like I said I'm never sure what is an acceptable amount of filth. I was thinking of following up with a coat of NXT but I think that would be pointles as I just put NXT followed by M16 about two weeks ago. Maybe over this upcoming holiday weekend. Who knows. I really am getting too anal over this thing LOL.

Comment

Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

How dirty is too dirty to safely use a rinseless wash?

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Great articles Ciera SL. Thanks! After I read them I went out to the garage and inspected the paint for dust. None really visible save for a microscopic speck here and there. Since it looks like that and I just spent 20+ hours correcting the paint two weeks ago I don't think it would be worth the time, product or risk to UQD or wash as it's not dirty at all. I was thinking about applying a coat of NXT but that would be a waste as well since I had applied a coat followed by M16 when I corrected it and used UQD after washing it last weekend. Plus, according to the law of diminishing returns I would just be removing my M16. I guess I'm just anxious to try my NXT paste I just decided to pick up. I'm feeling kind of stir crazy this weekend. Probably some of my OCD, LOL.

Thanks again for all of the info guys. Learned more and helped me make an educated decision.

Comment

Correction on my last post. I applied UQW after washing last weekend not UQD.

Comment

light ust and fingerprints. So being garaged all week, a qd will be just fine.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

I only use UQD for "touch-up" for something like bird drops, road tar, etc. I always have UQD and 2-3 small microfiber towels in my trunk for this purpose.

I use California Duster to remove light dust almost daily before I drive off to work.

Comment

I do still have my Ca Duster. I just thought that after looking at it and not seeing any dust that the UQD wasn't going to do anything but use up product.

Comment

I just let it go really. My car is a daily driver. If there's a bird dropping, I hit it with the UQD. Otherwise, once a week I give it a good wash, and just deal with it otherwise.
                        Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

When I work, my car sits outside for the whole day. If I dust off the car properly and if it rains in someday during the day, the car will still be Ok (of course, not perfect) as long as the road is no longer wet when I leave work.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                            I do still have my Ca Duster. I just thought that after looking at it and not seeing any dust that the UQD wasn't going to do anything but use up product.
                            My car almost never leaves the garage. I Cal Dust it every 2nd or 3rd day. If I semi-bored, I'll then hit it with UQD or UQW. Totally bored; I just lay on another cover coat of carnauba.

Way off the bell curve for Anal Retentiveness, but the car sure looks fantastic.
                            "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                            BOB

Comment

I have taken off quite a bit of dust on my cars because they only get a real wash 1-2 times year.

I use a lot of detailer though and lots of towels.

I also typically put my foot down and do a quick 0-60 to get the loose dust off first.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');