• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, have a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, have a few questions...

Hey everyone, im new, and have a few questions. First off i have always been one to take care of my paint job, i have a 1999 Black Camaro. I usually put on the wax by hand, but take it off with a 6' random orbital buffer. I am working on getting the money for a PC but cant afford it at the moment. So my question is, can i use my orbital buffer to apply the wax, if so what do i need as far as pads, and how would i do it. Should i put it on the pad or the car? And taking the wax (NXT) off, i usually use a terry cloth bonnet, but are there any others? Thanks for all the help!
    1999 Black Camaro

Re: Hello, have a few questions...

Originally posted by 99v6camaro
    So my question is, can i use my orbital buffer to apply the wax, if so what do i need as far as pads, and how would i do it. Should i put it on the pad or the car? And taking the wax (NXT) off, i usually use a terry cloth bonnet, but are there any others? Thanks for all the help!
    Hi 99v6camaro,

Sure you can apply wax with an orbital buffer. All you need are some extra bonnets. Last time I was in Sears I noticed they offered a number of different sizes, you might check with them or NAPA.

Meguiar's also sells three different sizes of microfiber bonnets which you can use to remove wax and I'm sure you could use to apply wax with also.

Ultimate Bonnet

SM Arnold, (I think), makes an adapter interface that enables you to use a foam pad like Meguiar's sells on a traditional orbital buffer, I don't have any part numbers handy but a google search might find what you're looking for.

Generally, you apply your products to the face of your pad, the lay the pad against the finish, then turn on the machine. Start out by spreading the product out over the area you want to work on and the go back over it methodically and work the product into the finish.

Good luck and have fun!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      1999 Black Camaro

Comment

Working...
      X