• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost ready to make the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ready to make the plunge

does anybody want to talk me out of it? After much research, I am almost ready to make the plunge into the LGM pro heat model. I wan't to use it as a weekend warrior, I detail family members cars from time to time and I really want a good cleaner for carpets. My brothers truck and my grandma's car has the usual coffee, coke, dirt, etc stains on them. And my car has a couple as well. ANy last final opinions on this? I will be using APC+ by the way!
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Almost ready to make the plunge

I wouldn't talk you out of it but the question still remains: Do you really need it? That's a question only you can answer.

I have removed coffee and oil stains from my mom's 2003 Honda Civic with some Resolve, a carpet brush and a little bit of time. I had to jumo up to a properly diluted degreaser solution at one point but I still made a huge improvement without an extractor. I then used a few cotton towels and a regular vacuum to **** up the rest of the dirt I loosened.

I know, I know, no pics so it can't be verified; my bad.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Well, I have done pretty good without one for a while now, I am just to the point where I need a helping hand. I don't need a 1000$ steamer yet, I just need that little bit of boosted help that I think the LGM will provide!
      My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bought one last year and will not replace it with another when it goes south. Get close to the same results with Folex or QuickOut and my wet/dry vac. I don't do this for a living , just family and friends. If I was a pro then a extractor and steam unit would be in my garage. Others might disagree but this is an old mans opinion for what its worth.
        Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
        317-513-4678

Comment

You will like it. Does not have enough extraction power for me. However, I still use mine from time to time.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have one and I love it. The thing that I like the most is that it is heated, that way I don't have to take heated water with me to detail a car. Heated water definitely works better at removing stains and dirt.

The brush attachments aren't too great, but I normally spray down the mat or carpet with APC+, agitate with a carpet brush, the do a light spray of hot water over the area, agitate again, then go over the whole carpet, sucking up the ACP+ and water while holding the hot water sprayer trigger down, and then go over it once more without spraying, just suction, to get any extra water out and it works amazing!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');