• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpainted Matte Plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpainted Matte Plastic

What does everyone use on Unpainted Matte Plastic surfaces? Specifically, the type of plastic you see on doors between front and rear windows.
    Thanks!

Re: Unpainted Matte Plastic

This thread on flat black plastics could help you out.
    How to create a dark sheen on flat black plastic

The pillars sometimes are painted black, so because of this I'll ask, what kind of vehicle are you working on?

Comment

The pillars are not painted, they are just a matte black plastic. It's on a Saab 9-3, but they use this type of plastic on a lot of vehicles.

Comment

Same problem here with my buddy's charger. It just won't stay shiney.

Comment

I've been using M40 and the Ultimate Protectant (UP) on matte plastic parts. M40 gives a less shiny finish than UP but it seems to wash away quicker than UP.

UP is better at restoring neglected plastic trim than M40. Note: UP may take several applications before the neglected plastic trim starts looking good.
          Andy W.
          Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
          Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');