• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT paste wax is a pain to buff off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT paste wax is a pain to buff off

Any reason for this being? I let it dry untill the swipe test will pass but I feel like its even harder then. What am I doing wrong? Is it different then liquid? Thanks

Re: NXT paste wax is a pain to buff off

How thin was the coat you applied.. The best wax protection is not the one that you put a lot of wax, but as thin as possible and 2 coats is better!
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

After this has been followed, use TERRY CLOTH TOWELS. IMO get ones in the automotive stores. Fold it multiple times and then knock off the inital layer, then buff clean.

It does require a keen eye. IMO it is not the easiest to take off but one of the best waxes and I use on all my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
        After this has been followed, use TERRY CLOTH TOWELS. IMO get ones in the automotive stores. Fold it multiple times and then knock off the inital layer, then buff clean.
        I wouldn't recommend using a terry cloth towel to remove wax. This can be the results of a paint surface full to swirls marks.

I will describe well how did you apply the wax, better if you can take pictures and describe your work environment, humidity, temperature, etc. for us to help out

Comment

Sounds like you applied it way to thick.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I just used it today via my G110V2. I applied it very thin because I experienced the same problem when I applied the paste by hand.

That is how thin the wax should be. Again, this was done using NXT 2.0 paste. I find the paste too soft to work with by hand. I will buy some liquid soon and stick with that and my G110V2 for now.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I apply it so thin that I barely see it when using the paste.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, the first time I used a Paste Wax, I applied way too much. That is probably what you did. An over applied paste wax would be hard to remove. Next time use less.
                Matt

Comment

I've never had much luck with the paste version. The liquid version is much easier to work with. Application, temperature, setup time, and method of removal are equal. The paste version just failed to impress me.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Yeah I think ive been applying it to thick... Should I do the same when applying compound/polish?

Comment

Originally posted by Show N Tell View Post
                      Yeah I think ive been applying it to thick... Should I do the same when applying compound/polish?
                      Most people use too much compound/polish as well. That being said, you use more compound then wax. You perform more passes, apply more pressure and work at a higher RPM while applying compound. All this adds to more friction and heat therefore more lubrication is needed. The other thing is when you are using a compound, you are removing paint/clearcoat, this paint along with compound end up getting either pushed up into the pad or cleaned off onto a cotton terry towel. When you are waxing there is no waste or removal.

There are some excellent threads and videos posted on this site regarding polishing and waxing. I don''t have time to source them and provide links right now.

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                        I wouldn't recommend using a terry cloth towel to remove wax. This can be the results of a paint surface full to swirls marks.

I will describe well how did you apply the wax, better if you can take pictures and describe your work environment, humidity, temperature, etc. for us to help out
                        I have been using my technique for a while and not a swirl yet. When you lay down NXT and then knock it off. Your using a clean, folded terry cloth towel with light to moderate pressure and buffing clean. Once the bond has been created the clear coat/paint is protected.

I have seen more people introduce swirls with Dry MF towels and either Speed Detailer or Quick Wax and did not pay attention to the condition of the paint surface.

Doing one better. Here is a car I worked on. Terry Cloth + Ultimate Compound and HEAVY pressure.

And YES I did not use a MF, I ain't Scared!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');