• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought new V2 DA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought new V2 DA!!

I bought a new V2 DA and is shipped already !!!! now for the question, does the DA comes with a yellow pad or do I need to order some pads for cleaning/waxing purposes !!!?? thanks again

Re: Bought new V2 DA!!

Where did you buy it from?
    Did you buy it in a kit?
    Its always good to have several pads.

Order a Box of Six Soft buff 2.0 7" pads from ADS.Go for:
    -4 Polishing pads (Yellow ones)
    -2 Finishing pads (Black ones)

Never use more than a product per pad.

Ryan
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
      Where did you buy it from?
      Did you buy it in a kit?
      Its always good to have several pads.

Order a Box of Six Soft buff 2.0 7" pads from ADS.Go for:
      -4 Polishing pads (Yellow ones)
      -2 Finishing pads (Black ones)

Never use more than a product per pad.

Ryan
      I bought it directly from meguiars site. Where can I get a box of 2.0 7" pads , gonna google ADS now and see if something comes up...

I'm a newbie to the DA so does that means that what fits the V2 is 7" pads only right?? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rauljimenez View Post
        I bought it directly from meguiars site. Where can I get a box of 2.0 7" pads , gonna google ADS now and see if something comes up...

I'm a newbie to the DA so does that means that what fits the V2 is 7" pads only right?? thanks
        autodetailingsolutions.net (ADS)

Comment

You should have got the Six-Pack Special from ADS. Great deal.

You will have fun with that machine though. It gets addicting.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
            You should have got the Six-Pack Special from ADS. Great deal.

You will have fun with that machine though. It gets addicting.

Definitely... didnt do my research and Im paying for it... do you know what the cutting pad is for, I know the yellow does most of the work and black for final step but what would I use the brown for??

Comment

Originally posted by rauljimenez View Post
              Definitely... didnt do my research and Im paying for it... do you know what the cutting pad is for, I know the yellow does most of the work and black for final step but what would I use the brown for??
              Typically you will never have the need for the burgundy pad. It is too aggressive. The pad itself will introduce fine scratches which would then need to be reduced. If you are unable to remove/reduce a defect with M105 and the yellow pad, then moving on to a rotary polisher or the burgundy pad on a DA is the next step. Likely you won't need to go there.

p.s. the ADS 6 pack special is a great deal. You are doing just fine as far as you purchasing is concerned. Feel free to ask a few more questions before placing an order. Do you have any product/compound yet? If you post a photo of your paint, we can be of more help and recommend product.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                Typically you will never have the need for the burgundy pad. It is too aggressive. The pad itself will introduce fine scratches which would then need to be reduced. If you are unable to remove/reduce a defect with M105 and the yellow pad, then moving on to a rotary polisher or the burgundy pad on a DA is the next step. Likely you won't need to go there.

p.s. the ADS 6 pack special is a great deal. You are doing just fine as far as you purchasing is concerned. Feel free to ask a few more questions before placing an order. Do you have any product/compound yet? If you post a photo of your paint, we can be of more help and recommend product.

Bill
                Got my a clay bar, SwirlX and Ultimate Compound plus Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealante. My car is a daily driver that sleeps outside and has some good oxidation (white paint ). I will post pics soon. If the car has some heavy oxidation do you still recommend clay or just go straight ahead to using Ultimate Compound???

thanks again

Comment

Got me Clay Bar, Swirl X and Ultimate Compound, my car is a toyota highlander 2004 daily driver white paint... i want to restore it back since it sleeps outside heavy oxidation and me being a med student i have neglected it... my first question is should i skip clay and go straight with ultimate compound ??

Comment

I also got some Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant glaze

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');