• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to make a decision, To get the Dual action polisher or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to make a decision, To get the Dual action polisher or not

Well, I haven't been posting much...

Most of my previous posts "got me started" on how to properly detail my car.

I have detailed the entire car 2 times so far by hand.
    This includes: Wash, Clay bar, Deep crystal paint clean, Deep crystal polish, NXT Wax paste.

I have come to a conclusion that this is too much work.
    Washing and Claybar is easy and quick. Paint cleaning and Polish however..(products that require "working it in")...is energy consuming. On top of that, I would have to wax afterwards.

My question is if Meguiar's dual action polisher is for me?
    I do not know how to use it, and don't want to do it wrong.

Suggestions appreciated!

Re: Need to make a decision, To get the Dual action polisher or not

Same situation here, plus I applied sealant and 2 layers of wax #26.

Very physical task as you know.

I'm also contemplating buying a DA .. That'll make my life easier.

Comment

By all means get the d/a. The learning curve is not steep at all. It is a tremendous time saver. Get one of the packages from ADS. Also, make sure you purchase plenty of pads. You can never have enough.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I recently purchased the Meguiar's Polisher ( 2 months ago) and I can tell you that it's one of the best decisions I've made. I had my heart set on the Porter Cable unit and at the last minute changed my mind and got the Meguiar's unit. I've done 2 vehicles to date and can tell you that there is no comparison when you detail a vehicle by hand vs using the polisher. Saves you a lot of time and gives you a much better finished product. Plus a bonus is that it's very simple to use.
        Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Best decision I have ever made for detailing cars. It is incredibly easy to learn and the results, even when not used perfectly, are amazing compared to hand power.
          Get it!
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I just have a $40 random orbital to apply ColorX which I buff off by hand. I follow that up with #16 all by hand. The orbital does make the job a little faster, but it is not going to take out swirls. If you just want it to apply wax, a 30 to 40 dollar random orbital might be all you need.

Comment

The question should not be If you should get one, the question should be which DA to get

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
                The question should not be If you should get one, the question should be which DA to get
                I agree. Check'em all out. A Porter Cable 7424 has given me seven years of excellent service.

Tom

Comment

I just got done using my Father's day present a Porter Cable 7424xp , all I can say is WOW what a big difference polished and waxed my Quad Cab Ram 1500 Intence Blue pickup . Huge difference in the amount of time I gat it done knocked off atleast an hour or more and my arms feel great lol

What ever you get will be a great help in getting the job done.

Comment

Get One! No Questions asked!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDetailer View Post
                      Well, I haven't been posting much...

Most of my previous posts "got me started" on how to properly detail my car.

I have detailed the entire car 2 times so far by hand.
                      This includes: Wash, Clay bar, Deep crystal paint clean, Deep crystal polish, NXT Wax paste.

I have come to a conclusion that this is too much work.
                      Washing and Claybar is easy and quick. Paint cleaning and Polish however..(products that require "working it in")...is energy consuming. On top of that, I would have to wax afterwards.

My question is if Meguiar's dual action polisher is for me?
                      I do not know how to use it, and don't want to do it wrong.

Suggestions appreciated!
                      I have a brand new Meguiars G110V2 for sale for $100 in the for sale section.Let me know if you want it.

Comment

Just bite the bullet and get one! D/A is THE BEST investment i've made in detailing

Comment

You will never regret buying a DA. I use it far more often than my rotary.

Comment

Buying a D/A is a decision you will never regret. I have a Griot's Garage 6" D/A and a 3" D/A. I bought them about 3 years ago and have never looked back. They make detailing so much easier and less time consuming. Plus the shine is amazing...................

Comment

^Cheating picture. That car looks great no matter what :P

I'd say go for the DA. I purchased iut with no prior detailing experience. It's easy to use, and one can almost do no wrong with it.
                              You won't regret it.
                              Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');