• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front rim border got scratched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front rim border got scratched

ok, did you ever got you rim in the pass-way while parking the car, and got it scratch along the border? if yes, what did you do to fix it?

Re: front rim border got scratched

You mean like curb rash?
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Saw a lot a people fixing this with "Bondo spot putty". Heres an article I found: http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/w...uff-repair.htm

Comment

But what about the materials? I mean, how do I get the right silver paint to match my wheel' s color? and isn' t that dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandre View Post
          But what about the materials? I mean, how do I get the right silver paint to match my wheel' s color? and isn' t that dangerous?
          Repairing rims is not recommended. But I can't see a problem with correcting something as superficial as the rim in the artical.
          Once heat (welding), or removing of metal is involved, then it gets dangerous.

Refinishing rims is not dangerous. Unless you get a gross amount of film buildup on either side of lugs. That could possibly end up bad.
          Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
          baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I' ve been protecting my rims against curb rash for years, and this is my second car, and after a year of being extremely careful... it happened when I least expected, a totally unpredictable and dummy situation! O.o

I feel terrible, I am going to get paranoid about this if I don' t do something... =[

Comment

even being very very thin curb rash, I know it is there and I feel shame of that, because it was my fault and I am not a girl, my car can' t have curb rash =[

Comment

Protect Your Alloy Wheels from Kerb Damage

• AlloyGator alloy wheel protection system designed to protect & compliment those precious alloy wheels.
                • Locked to the wheel over 360° using highly robust technology
                • Doesn’t use metal clips which can damage the wheel
                • Available in 8 colours (Silver ,Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Green and White)
                • Four wheels protected in less than 1 hour.
                • Universal size fitting all wheel sizes up to and including 21"
                • No need for re-balancing after fitting
                • Provides an instant refurbishment in most cases
                • All four wheels protected for less than what it costs to refurbish a single wheel

Alternatives
                RimPro-Tec - http://www.rimpro-tec.co.nz/kit-accessories.html
                ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

I think you are blowing this out of proportion. A "very very thin" curb rash is nothing to really worry about - it happens to all of us who drive our cars, especially those that have to park close to the curb on a street. If you have a dedicated show car then you might want to do something about it but I don't think you are talking about that.

These are very complicated to repair properly and you might just end up destroying the finish for good.

Comment

A car detailer suffereing from OCD - tell me its not so...
                    ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by TOGWT View Post
                      Protect Your Alloy Wheels from Kerb Damage

• AlloyGator alloy wheel protection system designed to protect & compliment those precious alloy wheels.
                      • Locked to the wheel over 360° using highly robust technology
                      • Doesn’t use metal clips which can damage the wheel
                      • Available in 8 colours (Silver ,Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Green and White)
                      • Four wheels protected in less than 1 hour.
                      • Universal size fitting all wheel sizes up to and including 21"
                      • No need for re-balancing after fitting
                      • Provides an instant refurbishment in most cases
                      • All four wheels protected for less than what it costs to refurbish a single wheel

Alternatives
                      RimPro-Tec - http://www.rimpro-tec.co.nz/kit-accessories.html
                      I am going to look into these. Thanks for the info!
                      Tedrow's Detailing
                      845-642-1698
                      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');