• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing DON'Ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detailing DON'Ts

yes, go with UC .. it's an excellent product, the master of swirls!!!

Comment

akimel, Thanks mostly for #9!! Now I can quit stressing out daily over my daily...driver.
      Barry

Comment

One more about microfibers:
        I've used the Target vroom microfibers since I began detailing and I truly think they are on the same level as Cobra and Meguiar's. I have Ultimate Wipes but the convenience of running down the street for an 8 pack is worth it.

Adding one: always remember to clean the windows inside and out after everything. Couldn't tell you how many smudges I get from leaning on the car to take the wax off the hood.
        1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by techjazz View Post
          Adding one: always remember to clean the windows inside and out after everything. Couldn't tell you how many smudges I get from leaning on the car to take the wax off the hood.

+1 on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by paulcr39 View Post
            11) Don't wear rings or a watch.
            12) Don't forget to bring more products than you think you will use. More is always better.
            13) Don't forget to take your Advil/Aleve/Tylenol before starting. AM I right Old Timers?
            14) Don't forget to drink plenty of water.
            Or belt's (buckles ****)
            Having a black car is not a hobby, its a full time job!

Comment

Originally posted by techjazz View Post
              One more about microfibers:
              I've used the Target vroom microfibers since I began detailing and I truly think they are on the same level as Cobra and Meguiar's. I have Ultimate Wipes but the convenience of running down the street for an 8 pack is worth it.

X2, all I use are the Vroom MF's and they work great

Comment

Don't start a project that you don't have time for and then rush it.
                Break it down into smaller stages, if you need to.

Comment

A word about microfibers: If you guys are having good luck with the towels you have purchased over-the-counter, my hats off to you. All I can say is that the towels I purchased from Advanced Auto swirled the hood of my black Honda. After that I switched to better quality towels. Perhaps the Costco or Target towels are as good as Megs' Supreme Shines--that I cannot comment upon.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');