• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which retail store sell Foam Pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which retail store sell Foam Pad?

I am having trouble finding Meguiar's Foam Pad in my local retail store; I have tried Walmart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, and Target. Does anyone know where I could possibly find the MFP?

Temporary, I bought the "Quik Applicator Pads" (pic below) from Walmart; but they are too thin in my opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciates it!

Thank You.
    1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5

Re: Which retail store sell Foam Pad?

I don't see O'Reilly's Auto Parts or Pep Boys Auto Parts in your list. Too much driving and it becomes more economical to order from the internet. I do think it's easier to find microfiber covered foam pads at most stores, then plain foam pads.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      I don't see O'Reilly's Auto Parts or Pep Boys Auto Parts in your list. Too much driving and it becomes more economical to order from the internet. I do think it's easier to find microfiber covered foam pads at most stores, then plain foam pads.

I too can only find the microfibers in stores. try a pro shop if you have one in your area. or just buy a bunch online to make it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
        Very true, 99% retail stores that I have been to have only the Microfiber Pads(MP) but not the plain Foam Pads; I am trying to stay away from the Microfiber Pads since I read from some threads on this forum saying that if I use the MP when waxing the car, the MP would leave behind some swirl marks of some sort on the paint.

I think I saw some foam pads @ Pepboys last week, but didn't buy them since I heard that those are made with cheap materials.

I just find it very strange that Meguiar's sell so MANY detail products w/out the foam pads as a bundle but why not sell the Foam Pads individually or as a pack in retail stores.

ebay would be my last option if I can't find it... but I hate to pay the extra $4.00 shipping....

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolis View Post
          I too can only find the microfibers in stores. try a pro shop if you have one in your area. or just buy a bunch online to make it worth it.
          Do you think the Bass Pro Shop sells Foam Pads? I might give that a try... haha...
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 16, 2010, 01:20 AM. Reason: No hyperlinks before 30 posts

Comment

The microfiber pads will only leave swirl marks if it has dirt particles in it. I got one of the foam pads with my NXT 2.0 wax and I find that the pad is sooo light that it can easily fall to the ground on accident or by the wind.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');