• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to build the best quality kit I can find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to build the best quality kit I can find

So, I'm on the Meg's forum. I understand that. But I'm here because I want the best for my car - and the best for my customers cars. I know that 105 and 205 are pretty freakin awesome, but I'm looking at building a show car finish set up. Waxes, polishes, the absolute best there is.

So here's my question, I've seen some people lately on 350z forums SWEARING by the Zaino line of products used in conjunction with Meguiars products. Are they worth the money? They seem to be expensive, and not easily obtainable. With Meguiar's products, I can swing over to Rich here in Phoenix and pick up - or for most things - I can just snag em from Wal-Mart or Autozone (consumer level products).

So there it is - is Zaino worth the price, and what is a good show car quality kit to put together. By show car - I mean the whole package (DA, Rotary, Polishes, Pads, Waxes, Car Washes, etc.)

Thanks guys!

Re: Looking to build the best quality kit I can find

Well, if you want only Meg's products
    G110v2 buffer with polishing and finishing pads. 105/205 twins, #26 Hi Tech Car Wax or #21 Synthetic Sealer 2.0, with either #34 Final Inspection or #135 Synthetic Spray Detailer or D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer, washed with #62 Car Wash or D110 Hyper Wash or Gold Class Car Wash or......it goes on and on and on...

But really, you can make any number of combination of Meguiar's products make your car have a show car finish. Call the Meguiar's RX Hotline at 1-800-347-5700 and they can put together a package of Meguiar's products that will do exactly what you want to achieve.
    -Kyle

Comment

".... I'm looking at building a show car finish set up. Waxes, polishes, the absolute best there is...."

Ask any ten different people what the best anything is, the "best car, the "best" burger, The "best" movie, etc, and you'll get ten different answers.

There's no such the as "the" best of anything. All that matters is what you feel works best for you.

"...I've seen some people lately on 350z forums SWEARING by the Zaino line of products used in conjunction with Meguiars products...."

All products have their fans. (Although it does seem that Zaino fans are somewhat more, uh, energetic, in their assertions.)

"...Are they worth the money? They seem to be expensive,..."

There are more expensive products. There are less expensive products. It's entirely up to you. Value is in the eye of the consumer.

"... and what is a good show car quality kit to put together. By show car - I mean the whole package (DA, Rotary, Polishes, Pads, Waxes, Car Washes, etc.) ..."

Detailing tools are just like any other tools. You choose them based on the job that needs to be done. You take into account what you're working on, what it's condition is and what you're trying to achieve. Then mix in your personal preferences.

Detailing is 99% operator and 1% product. Play with it and find what works for you.

I guarantee you that once you get the hang of it you'll be able to get better results with products from any reputable manufacturer than 99.99% of guys on the internet who rave about their favorite magic elixir.

pc.

Comment

I have always believed that it does not matter how expensive a wax is. The secret of getting a show car finish is in the prep work.

So to answer your question. If you spend a great deal of time doing the prep work. I do not believe you will see a noticeable difference using a "boutique" wax.

Sometimes it is more psychological. By that I mean, if you have a expensive vehicle, you have to use expensive wax. Not true in my beliefs.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');