• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly is "Pop"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is "Pop"?

I have seen this term used frequently here and on that "other" forum and I'm not sure quite what it means.
    Black......the ONLY color!

I think that it is used in reference to the way that the metallic flake in certain paints seems to catch in light and almost 'jump' out of the paint. The opposite of this is a dimming affect where a wax or sealant seems to hide the intensity of the metallic flake as a trade-off for depth or darkening of the finish. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

I guess it's anything that makes you take a second look at your car, but to me, it's like travis said. It's sort of when the metallic really seems to jump out and be very prevalent. Here's a picture I associate with the "pop" my car has with certain products:

To me, the middle of the car is very "popping" with metallic. It's not a strong reflection, or a deep wet look, but rather sort of a metallic kind of glow.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

POP - Another name for a carbonated beverage?
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Thanks guys.....makes sense to me. Great explanations.
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Hey SVT Lightning

I tend to use the expression a lot in order to describe the paint being taken to that next level. When you see freshly waxed cars, many will look the same, while one will jump out at you. It may have more gloss, or metallic flake etc... . So to me, when I say "Pop" I am referring to a finish that has been brought to maximum potential, having a deep rich finish, with tremendous depth and gloss.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
              POP - Another name for a carbonated beverage?
              LOL. Yep... Pop (Canada) = Soda (US).

Also... Chocolate Bar (Canada) = Candy Bar (US).

Lastly... Beer (Canada) >> Beer (US). Hee hee... couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');