• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirm my steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirm my steps

Hello,

I've been trying many different things here and there to get the perfect shine and wanted to confirm the steps of what I have and how to use it.

Here is what I have:

83 - DACP
    82 - Swirl remover
    80 - speed glaze
    colorx
    meguiars step 1 cleaner
    meguairs step 2 polish
    show car glaze
    nxt wax
    26 - hi tech wax

Here is what I normally do:

82 (only if I really want to)
    color x
    show car glaze
    nxt wax
    hi tech wax

my questions are:

a)since I am using 83-80 do I need step 1(paint cleaner)? and/or step 2 (polish)?

b)does the step 2 replace color x or show car glaze?

c)will using color x then step 2 or show car glaze mess conflict in anyway?

ok that's all -

i find that if i use all the products it might lead to extra work that I don't need or that i'd have to go back to the previous product in order to get a better shine.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

IMO, I would do:

3. NXTx2

The colorx and DC 1&2 are redundant steps, and #82 isn't really needed if you are going to use #80. Hope this helps.

Comment

Travis has it.
      #80 will leave a nice finish that's ready for NXT. Or, you could replace the NXT with #26. Its your choice. Start out with #80, you might find that you don't need the #83 and that the #80 might take care of the imperfections you have. Start with the least aggresive product first and see if that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
        IMO, I would do:

3. NXTx2

The colorx and DC 1&2 are redundant steps, and #82 isn't really needed if you are going to use #80. Hope this helps.
        I agree. However depending on the car, I will sometimes add 81 in between the 80 and nxtx2.

Comment

I agree with the 83+80+NXTx2 (or #26) combo. #81, DC 2, #7, are pure polishes and IMO not needed in light colored cars. however, they may be inserted between the #80 NXTx2 steps in dark colored cars. added wetness created by the TS oils present in these pure polishes may not be visually apparent on light colors such as (my silver Honda CR-V) but fairly noticeable on black.

Mike please correct me if I'm wrong.
          I wash and wash my car until the whole thing disappeared!

Comment

Hey,

As with some of the others, I would change your procedure a little.

First, I would clay the car using Meguiar's Quik Clay System.

Quik Clay System

Then,

I would use: #83 + #80 + #81 (if you want a little more "pop") NXT x2

OR

#83 + #82 +#81 + NXT x2

In the first example, if you follow the #83 DACP with #80 Speed Glaze, you can usually go straight to NXT. However, you can add #81 for a slight improvement in "pop".

The second example, I replaced #80 with #82. The reason, some paint is a little harder or softer. As such, I use #82 to further refine the finish when the paint does not respond to the more aggressive #80 Speed Glaze. Also, in this case, I would use the #81 Hand Polish.

In MHO, though #81 Hand Polish's benefits are more noticeable on darker colors, I have for years used a pure polish on light colors for that extra gloss it provides. It is really tough to get depth on white paint. So I try to increase the gloss to its maximum, giving light colors a more liquid look.

Therefore, while the benefits of using a pure polish may not be as dramatic on light colors compared to darker colors, I still prefer using one in order to achieve the look I am after.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');