• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing help

I have a white vehicle and am looking for a wax that will dry with a tinted color so I can see where any skips are. Any suggestions?

Re: Waxing help

Dont think there's any out there. I have a white car too and nothing dries a different color. Maybe paste turtle wax if you cake it on. (which isnt reccommened, nor do i like the wax)
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Hi Smokey,

I've got a white car too so I know what you mean about not being able to see the dry wax. I'm forever looking at the car from different angles to make sure it's all off... IMO, nothing beats Meg's NXT 2.0 for easy on/off application. Which means you can usually get most of the wax off with the first swipe. Good lighting is important too. You might want to take a look at Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax. It's a carnauba based wax and it dries with a slight beige haze, but nothing profound.

Good luck finding a wax that works for you.

BT
      Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 8, 2010, 11:21 AM. Reason: No hyperlinks before 30 posts

Comment

Go ahead and get some halogen shop lights like and look at the reflection of the light in your paint and also pull your car into the sun. That should make the wax look pretty noticeable.

Another thing to do is take your time doing an even wiping pattern across your car when you remove the wax rather than just wiping all over. Cover your last wipe by 50% to make sure you aren't leaving any behind.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Not aware of any tinted wax. Extra lighting will be your best bet.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');