• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is about glare on windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is about glare on windows.

In the discussions about glare I've seen, the suggested fix is to decrease the reflectivity of the interior (vinyl, etc.) surfaces, making their reflection in the glass less noticeable. That is not what I have in mind.

This is the effect I'm referring to:

I could probably find something expensive in an eyeglass shop. But there is probably something in the auto detailing world that will do this.
    What do you use?
    Thanks!

Auto detailing is interesting. But I don't have time to research everything!
    White tow vehicle, daily driver, parked outside.
    NXT Tech Wax: official sealant.

Why not wear a good pair of polarized sunglasses? They totally eliminate glare from the windshield, other vehicles, and even off the road surface.
    Leo

Comment

I might try that. But I still wonder if some product on the glass would work.
      White tow vehicle, daily driver, parked outside.
      NXT Tech Wax: official sealant.

Comment

The link you posted refers to anti-reflective coatings (commonly called AR coatings in the optics industry). AR coatings are used in many high performance optical systems. That funky blue or yellow finish you see on binocular, riflescope and telescope lenses is an AR coating.

They are applied by complex industrial processes, not the sort of thing a DIY'er can do at home. They don't stand up well to heavy use either so they aren't suited for windscreens.

PC.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');