• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It IS my paint, not my methods or the products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It IS my paint, not my methods or the products

A while ago I made a post that I hated my paint because it always seemed to have severe clouding after I was done waxing and polishing it, particularly the hood. I tried everything I knew plus several suggestions that people on the board gave me but nothing seemed to work.

Anyhow, as a favor to my inlaws I detailed their 2010 Ford Edge after they got back from a long trip to remove all the bug juice and other crud that had accumulated. The car is a dark strawberry metallic (deep red) and since it's new, after claying, I only used Color-X for my cleaner, then NXT-2. Not a trace of clouding. So I thought l would see if I could get the paint to cloud on me so I used GC+ as a topper. Not a sign of clouding. Then I used some NXT-1 Spray Booster Wax, no dice. Going for broke, I topped it again with Collinite 845 Insulator wax (a very oily liquid/paste). Still no clouds.

I can only assume that Suzuki paint is designed to cause a reaction in a detailer followed by
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: It IS my paint, not my methods or the products

It must be a relief to know that this wasn't an operator error or what is referred to in some computer circles as a PICNIC problem ("Problem in chair, not in computer").

Glad to know your efforts in behalf of the in-laws turned out well.

Comment

Maybe Suzuki uses soft clear coat

Comment

Interesting results. One would tend to believe it has to be your Suzuki paint.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');