• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Car Duster - Won't Dry Out?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Car Duster - Won't Dry Out?!

My 'California Car Duster' (plastic handle, large) is going on 5 days of dry out time and is still 'oily'. Is this normal?

I used it w/o any drying out and mucked up my car's roof. Then I read this forum and figured 1-2 days would work. Tried it again on my car's rear window - mucked that up. Now I'm going on 5 days and the duster still smells. I think it smells like gasoline; my wife thinks it smells like wax - my guess is that smelling like wax is normal but I swear it is gas.
    2016 Acura ILX

Re: California Car Duster - Won't Dry Out?!

It's normal for the parrafin wax in the duster to have a petroleum-type smell to it.

I'd say yours is done drying out and you just need to use it now to dry it out some more.
    When first using mine, I just accepted the streaks and QD'd afterwards to remove them. Now it hardly streaks at all, though I still always follow it up with a QD.

How are you drying it out? On newspaper?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

It's Paraffin wax. Did you set the CA duster on newspaper?

Comment

It has the paraffin wax in it. You should be fine. Go ahead and try it.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');